We fully believe that having a balanced life involves creating balance vs. finding it. Balance is not going to just magically appear, you have to make it happen. Believe us, we get it. We're busy women, mothers, students, etc. and we all want it but don't always make it a priority. However, It's essential to our mental and physical health and just like we plan out our craziest days and weeks for school and work, we believe in planning ahead in order to make a balanced life a priority. In our new series "creating balance" we are tackling this subject head on and we can't wait to share with you what we find.
Today at Kahootie Co. we start a thirty-day health and fitness challenge. We’ve just launched our new daily and weekly Health & Fitness sticky pads. Our new pads help you track fitness, sleep, water, meals, and so much more. We created this product to help you jumpstart a fitness routine and healthier lifestyle. It’s the perfect accessory for your planner! Stick your sheets to your planner, computer, fridge, or wherever your heart desires.
Over the next thirty-days, we invite you to join our 30 Day Health & Fitness Challenge. We will push ourselves to exercise every day, drink more water, create healthier habits, just to name a few. All while tracking it all on our new Health & Fitness sticky pads! We challenge you to be your most fit and healthy self yet! Track your progress with the daily pad, weekly pad, or both. Share photos of your journey and your pads as you fill them out with the hashtag #kahootiechallenge on Facebook and Instagram!
We’re so excited for this next month with you! Follow along with everyone’s journey with the hashtag #kahootiechallenge
Tips For When You’re In A Creative Funk
Does a creative funk have you down? We all go through phases of feeling stuck creatively. They are frustrating and stressful to say the least! Look no further- we at Kahootie Co. are sharing our favorite tips for the next time you’re in a creative funk:
Relax yourself- Take a break! Engage in an activity that puts you physically and mentally at ease. Go on a walk, listen to music, go shopping, watch your favorite TV show, etc. Allow yourself to relax and focus on taking care of you.
Gather inspiration- If you’re in a creative funk, look to the people, blogs, social media channels, etc. that inspire your own work. Save photos and writing that get your creative juices flowing and excite you to create content and projects of your own.
Set time aside to play around- Without only focusing on having to meet a deadline, set time aside for yourself to play around with your ideas. If you’re working on a vision board mix photos and content around to see what fits best next to each other. Play around with different color schemes, patterns, lettering, etc. Don’t put the pressure on yourself to crank out a project by a certain date and time. Give yourself time to create and have fun with it.
Talk with a mentor or friend- Reach out to someone that supports you and inspires you. Share your creative block with them and listen to whatever advice they give you. Leaning on someone you trust and look up to might be just what you need to get back to doing what you love!
Our previous blog post shared tips on starting your own vision board. Continuing in the spirit of goal setting and achieving our dreams, we want to share four things you include on your vision board:
1. Color: We all love our neutrals. Even if it’s minimal, incorporate color in to your vision board. A pop of your favorite color here and there! Life isn’t just black and white- chances are your goals aren’t either! Adding color will liven up your vision board and make it more bright and fun.
2. Numerous ideas: If you’ve found a kitchen island or bedroom décor that you’re in love with:continue to look for similar content. Don’t set yourself on one kitchen from a magazine or one room design from Pinterest. You might surprise yourself the further you explore for inspiration!
3. Quotes: Include a motivational or inspirational quote or two on your vision board. Make sure whatever you choose fits the color scheme and aesthetic of your board. When looking over your board these motivational quotes will remind you of the excitement behind your goals and dreams and continue to make you feel inspired!
4. An envelope: Running out of room on your vision board? Pin an envelope on the bottom corner of your vision board if possible. Here you can store inspiration that doesn’t fit on your board or keep inspiration you want to add to your board at a later time in an organized place.
People's surroundings can impact their emotional state. As designers it is our goal to help to create an environment that can influence one’s well being on a daily basis with a workspace that is reflective of personality and purpose. The first thing we do when we meet with a new client is to listen and really understand how they want their space to feel for themselves and others.
Since we spend most of our time working, we believe it is important to like the space you work in. Whether it's a home office or a corner office, there are many ways to enhance your day with your surroundings. When selecting items for a work space the focus should be on pieces that you are drawn to and simply make you feel good. Objects we live with can impact our emotional state by influencing our energy, which directly impacts our overall well being. At with Faith + Design we encourage you to pick items that you love and that are meaningful.
We believe that inspirational words displayed in your space can help to make a positive impact. Consider adding in your favorite quotes and sayings into your environment and creating a daily mantra that you can reflect on. We are inspired by the quote, “We rise by lifting others”.
This quote represents our companies values and acts as our company's purpose statement.
Think about what you want your office space to express, value, and reflect upon entering.
Here are some helpful points you can implement in order to create a positive space.
1. Set an Intention. What is the use for your work space? How can your working environment enhance your performance? Does your space need to be a place to inspire and spark creativity, or a calm environment to think and focus, maybe its a place to be efficient and work smart. If you receive clients or coworkers in your space, how do you want them to feel upon entering? Everything in your space should have a purpose and a meaning, and if it does not then it should not be there.
2. Reflect on Emotions. Take a moment and determine how you want to feel in this space? Think about the exact feelings that you want to hold onto while in this environment. Do they represent energy that is peaceful and calm or represent high energy and excitement? Either way, own all of your feelings and express them in your environment to achieve a purposeful space.
3. Create a Balance. Is your office a mess or is it bare and boring? Work flow balance is very important for efficiency and to let the creative energy flow. Decluttering and organizing are very important in creating a positive flow of energy so that your mind is clear to focus. Stacks of paper, a messy desk, and over crowded office with too much furniture can disrupt personal balance and create anxiety. The same holds true that if you space is empty and without interest it will not stimulate or motivate your mind. Some of our favorite products by Kahootie Co. are the daily meeting planner and It’s that kinda day weekly planner. Keeping our meetings and “to do” tasks organized in one central
location is essential for our everyday planning.
4. Make it Your Own. How can the space reflect your personality? Favorite items are fundamental to making a space your own. Your space tells your personal story. Color plays an influential role in directly impacting an emotional response. Choosing a paint color for a working environment is essential to establishing the overall feel of the space. Furniture and decor selections should have purpose and personality. A cozy couch and/or comfortable guest chairs may show that you are relaxed and casual and want to create this type of space for visitors. Lighting can warm or cool a space, so choosing the right lighting should always be considered. Pictures and accessories are an easy way to showcase personality by displaying items from your travels, family photos, and things you like.
5. Explore your Senses. Think about the five senses we have (smell, taste, sight, sound, feel). How about relaxing the mood in the room by adding a diffuser with a calming oil to deliver a pleasing aroma throughout your space? What about having a fruit bowl on your desk as a way to remind you to be healthy? Are your loved ones displayed for viewing throughout the day? Is there space to add a soothing tabletop fountain to create a soothing sound? Does your desk chair sit well with the added lumbar pillow support?
What else can you add to your office to create the atmosphere you want?
Here at with Faith + Design, listening to our clients needs is our number one priority. Before spontaneously rearranging your space, we encourage you to go through each of the
points and ask yourself these questions. If you can dream it, it can become your reality.
Cindy + Marissa