We’re all about setting goals here at Kahootie Co. We shared our tips to achieving your goals earlier in the year. We’re so excited to share a technique to help you goal set and achieve your dreams: vision boards. Vision boards bring your goals and dreams to life with collages of photos and pictures that represent what you have in mind for the future. Here are our tips to creating your own vision board:
- Decide on a goal: Choose the goal that is on the top of your priority or to-do list. Create individual vision boards for goals and dreams. This will allow you to organize your dreams and goals and focus on each individually.
- Look for inspiration everywhere: Save photos to your phone from your favorite Instagram feeds and Pinterest channels. Clip photos from your favorite magazines. In addition to your favorites, explore other sources to look for inspiration for your vision board. Explore Pinterest for new channels and use the Instagram ‘Explore’ page for new users to follow. Keep a pair of scissors handy to clip out inspiration from magazines. Use a pouch to keep photos organized together.
- Pick a scheme: Whether this is a color scheme or seasonal scheme, arrange your vision board with an arrangement in mind. Choose your favorite colors or an aesthetic look that you feel helps tie your vision board together. Creating a visually appealing vision board will be fun to create and fun to look at!
- Take your time: Every vision board will have its own timeline. It doesn’t have to be an overnight project! Don’t rush looking for inspiration and photos for your board. When you’re happy with the inspiration you have collected, don’t jump to immediately gluing down your photos and pictures. Take time placing the inspiration you have collected around, switching out photos to see what looks best side-by-side. Do your best work with accomplishing your goal in mind!
- Display your vision board somewhere important: You’ve put lots of time and effort in to your vision board. You’re excited about the steps you’ve taken to goal set. Exhibit your vision board somewhere you’ll see it daily. You may choose to showcase it somewhere in a public space of your home or workspace. This will allow you to create conversation with others about it. You should be excited about and proud of your work. Display it as such!